Thursday, March 5, 2009

Death of a Neighbor...a southern boy although an old man

Death of a Neighbor...

The sun rose with a gloomy groaning grunt that day,

Why this happened I cannot say.

An explosion in the air I could not quite detect,

Corners brought chills, I knew not what was next.

The winter had been dark, hungry and harsh,

Life continued but seemed like such a farce.

The dogs were barking worriedly looking to the right,

The death of a neighbor sometime in the night.

Two, no three days came and they went,

Dogs constantly barking until they were almost spent,

The death wagon came, but did not stop for Johnny or me,

It went to the right, my neighbor is free.

this relates to my neighbor Sam Faucett who died Jan. 31st, but was not found until Feb. 2nd or 3rd...always listen to your dogs..he was originally from Georgia and had a five by-pass heart surgery a few years back and suffered from diabetes

by anne

No comments: